Wednesday, March 21, 2007

squeaky wheel....

I decided to write a complaint letter to Friendly's today. Why, you ask? Well...a little over a month ago, I ordered some take out from the local Friendly's here. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and a small cheese quesadilla (with no sour cream) for an appetizer. I went to Friendly's, paid for my food and drove myself home.

I opened up my food and immediately got cranky. The grilled cheese was fine, but the quesadilla was another story. First, there were no little tubs of sour cream and no salsa. *grumbles* No biggie though...I can use my own salsa and the sour cream isn't on the quesadilla, so I can survive. But then I took a closer look at the quesadilla...and it wasn't a cheese quesadilla, it was a chicken one. Now...being a vegetarian...that's a problem.

I live about 20 minutes away from the Friendly's store, but I called to complain anyways...just cause I was mad. I knew I wasn't going back to the place, but wanted them to know that they didn't give me what I ordered. I ended up on the phone with the manager...and he said that I could come back and get a new one. I said I lived too far away, but I wanted him to know. So, he took down my name, address and phone number. He said he would talk to his manager and either comp my next meal or send a gift certificate or something in the mail...he'd be in touch.

It's been over a month...and no gift certificate has come in the mail...and no phone call from the manager. nada. It's not about the 6 dollar quesadilla....it's about the poor service. It's about the lack of follow through. So, I emailing a complaint form to the corporation. I don't really care if I get a gift certificate, etc...I just want them to know that one of their managers dropped the ball.

I know...complain, complain, complain...but hey...

Labels: ,