Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas is a commercial holiday, not a religious one!

I went to a training this morning with three co-workers and we ended up discussing on the way up...how ready we were for the holidays and how much we decorate. I come to this realization every single year...and this year is no different.

I am really quite Bah Humbug when it comes to Christmas time and just how showy and commercial it is. I have no need for Christmas lights and even a Christmas Tree. I don't like the stress of getting the tree out, putting it together, putting lights on it, fighting with the family, putting ornaments on it...only to take it down less then a month later. It just seems so pointless to me.

So you can guess...I feel no need to decorate my whole yard, apartment and car in hopes of really celebrating Christmas. Ugh...with a side of ugh.

I drove by someone house on the way to the grocery store yesterday...and they have literally a bajillion lights and decorations on their house. If I remember...I will grab a picture of it with my cell phone and upload it. I mean...is that necessary...seriously???

I just have such a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit....I don't the mass amount of buying gifts...and how sometimes you have to buy outof obligation. I don't the decorating and people thinking you need to be a constant state of cheer. I like Christmas...I like spending the time with my family...I like having a little extra time off, but all the santa and glitter and racking up the credit card debt...not so much into that.

Labels: