Friday, November 24, 2006

And the day after....



Hey y'all...I survived Thanksgiving...or as my family calls, "Lasagna Day!" Both my brother and I are veggie kids, so we haven't had turkey at Thanksgiving in a long time. My parents had ham...which my mom almost threw all over the floor...which to me was hilarious!

I ate too much, but not too much...I had some stuffing...I love me my stuffing. Mmm...stuffing! I ate pickles and olives and some cranberry sauce....out of a can. I had a tiny bit of mashed potatoes and some yummy taters that my mom made with asparagus. I also had a little bit of the chick pea salad I love so much.

And of course...dessert was a slice of carrot cake.

So yeah...I did eat too much, but that's alright...it could have been a lot worse. I worked at the video store in the evening...which is well worth it because I got paid a time and a half for my time there....and I got to make people feel guilty for us being open and ripped away from our families. That's right you selfish customers! *winks*

I got home about 1am....I have a story of why it took me that long to get home, but that is a story for another day. When I got home I saw my roomie car in the parking lot...she was supposed to stay with her family for the evening. And then when I went into the apartment there was a note on our dry erase board which said.."I hate Thanksgiving." That's so sad. I know she often does not get along with her family...so family time is not as joyous and fun as my family time. I am not sure how the day went for her...but with the note...I am sure it was not well. I guess that reminded me to truly be thankful...for my family and the constant, unconditional love we all have for one another. I adore my family...and know that no matter if we fight or squabble that we love each other to the stars and back.

Hope everyone's holiday was fabulous...and that they are recovering from all the eats and such. I have to work today at the day job, but it ain't bad...it is the laziest work day ever. *yawns* I do feel that I need a nap though....think I can get away with that at work??

Labels: