Monday, November 27, 2006

Back in the saddle again....

This lack of motivation must stop....and I am going to take this lazy, backsliding attitude by the reins and stop it.

I am going to start again...and start with a little less gusto. A little LESS gusto??? Yep...I figure that one of my problems is that I start with such intensity that I always seem to go fine for a while and then lose steam...and I think I set myself up for that kind of failure.

What I am going to do...

1) I am going to go back to writing down everything I eat. I am going to attempt to eat between 1200 and 1800 calories a day. That seems like a pretty big range of calories...and it is...but I am meaning for it to be that way. I want there to be leeway, so that I don't either eat fabulously or drown myself in ice cream.

2) I am going to keep my 30 Day Challenges going. I am getting close to finishing the "No Candy Challenge" and then after that....I am going to throw the first three challenges altogether and do a "No Candy, No Soda, No Take Out Food" Challenge. I am going to do a small "altogether" challenge and see how that goes. I still have some individual challenges left to do as well...a No Ice Cream Challenge...a 30 Days of exercise challenge.

3) I am going to get back to working out...because I haven't done that. I am going to aim for working out at least 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. If I do more...that's great...but I at least need to get that done.

4) I am going to buy the membership in mid-December. I am excited about taking the Saturday Step classes again...and I think it will really help me keep my goals in mind. Plus...I know that having a good fitness level and conditioning is key for that class.

Things I did well today:

1) Ate to plan so far today.
2) Took a 15 minute walk at work.
3) Packed my lunch and made sure it will fill me up and is healthy.

P.S. I could tell I was getting ready to refocus. Why? Because I spent all weekend cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen...mopped the floor...cleaned out the fridge and threw away a lot of food. I also cleaned the bathroom and the living room. I still have laundry and a little upkeep in my room to do, but I can see a change in my philosophy and way of living...and that's a good sign.

Here goes....and send me warm and happy thoughts!!!!

Labels: