Wednesday, November 01, 2006

John Kerry and I are officially not friends!

First off...I jumped in the shower before I weighed in this morning...so I will weigh in for November tomorrow. I figured I didn't need the extra soaking wet weight...not this month!

OK...I voted for John Kerry in 2004. I didn't feel I had any other choice...even though I am not a huge fan of his. I thought he was the best alternative, but well...I probably would have voted for a sock puppet instead of Bush. I always thought that John Kerry didn't get to the issues...didn't make it clear what he felt and what would do for the country...and spent way too much time talking about his war record instead of discussing the state of the nation...today...not in the 70s.

But yes...Kerry and I are officially not friends. Most people have heard of his foot in mouth comments about the war and troops. Just in case you didn't...John Kerry said at a campaign event:

"You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq,"


Now Kerry says that he didn't mean that the troops were not smart or educated...he said it was a badly stated joke about Bush and his level of intelligence...not at all about the troops. Kerry says that he meant to say that because of Bush's lack of doing his homework in terms of the war in Iraq that we are all stuck in Iraq.

Okay...you know what...I believe Kerry. I believe that is what he meant. I think that Kerry has NO INTENTION of saying something negative about the troops and their level of intelligence. I think Kerry has an immense amount of respect for the troops and what they do. I think Kerry sincerely wants to protect them and do whatever he can to support them while they are there.

However...because of what he said...and how it came across...he did offend the troops and their families. It doesn't matter what he intended to say...it matters what he did say and that he hurt people as a result. Many people are calling for Kerry to apologize for his comments...and Kerry is refusing. Kerry is saying that Bush needs to apologize for what he has done to the troops and their families.

Grow up, Kerry! You made a mistake...own up to it! You said something you shouldn't have and that you didn't mean. Own up to it and say you are sorry. Be a man. Be a grown up. John McCain was on Good Morning America this morning...and he said that he feels that Kerry just made a mistake, but that he needs to admit it. I respect John McCain a lot more than I respect John Kerry. McCain could have jumped all over Kerry's comments...and continued to malign his intent...much like Bush and Limbaugh have...but instead McCain said that Kerry made a mistake, but that he needs to admit it and apologize for it.

Shame on you John Kerry...I think the most disrespect you can show for the armed troops and the men in arms...is to not apologize for any hurt and dishonor you have shown them. I thought you were a better man...and unfortunately you have shown that like many others...you are just a slimy politician. Ugh.

Labels: