Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # I have no idea....


Thirteen Signs that Shelley Is Getting Sick!


1. One...let's start this off with how much I HATE being sick...not that anyone likes it...and how I just don't have time to be sick right now. I have a lot to do at work and this weekend is super busy with some family and church obligations. Grr!
2. My roommate is sick...and so our apartment is just one big germ. She pretended it was allergies for a few days...which just spread the germs around more.
3. I am not incredibly germ phobic...I will share a fork with someone if we are sharing a piece of pie, etc. I have actually eaten a piece of gum out of someone's mouth...I know...I am gross. But I get incredibly germ phobic when someone around me is sick...and when they are sitting in the living room just breathing their sickness all over the place.
4. I am like a walking sponge when it comes to sickness...if someone is around me long enough and is sick...in no time...so am I.
5. Starting yesterday...I have been incredibly tired. Tired is always a sign of sickness for me. I will sleep and sleep and sleep. I am usually pretty high energy...so it is a pretty good sign.
6. I have been sneezing more lately. I know I cleaned my room...so the air in there is full of dust that had been collecting in my room...but it isn't dust sneezing...it is my body being angry that it is being taken over by evil germs sneezing.
7. When I was working out on my elliptical yesterday...I was only able to go 30 minutes and it was hard...and sometimes hurt. I can usually run for 45 mionutes easily...and yesterday...not so much.
8. My throat is starting to hurt...I am getting that slight scratch in the back of my throat. It's like a nice sign that I am about to enter in the world of sickness.
9. I am bitchy and in a foul mood...and because my roommate is getting me sick...I have no tolerance for her right now. I know she feels bad for getting me sick, but that doesn't make me loathe her any less. I am a horrible roommate...I know this. I should be understanding...but well...the human sponge knew what was coming, so inside I have been pissed at her since she finally admitted she was sick.
10. So far...my nose hasn't gotten all snuffaluffagus (sp?), but it is slowly starting to close up.
11. Did I mention how tired I am?
12. I coughed twice yesterday...I don't that is the start of a cold cough, but I am paranoid, so it freaked me out.
13. I have to work at the video store tonight....and so I won't end up getting any sleep tonight, so I fear that my cold is going to take full force and just kick my ass this weekend. *pouts* y'all need to pray for me...that the anti-cold stuff that I am going to buy Zicam or something like that...that it works and it tells the cold that we are not friends and that I DO NOT want to hang out.

*grumbles, grumbles*



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!