Wednesday, October 11, 2006

i am always making a new plan, so here it is!

I am constantly tweaking and making new plans...and new ideas. Sometimes I love that about myself...and sometimes it frustrates me. Sometimes I think it is great because I am always willing to change something that might work better for me...and I don't give up. However, I often wonder if I give up on something too early...and don't fully give it a chance to be a success. Part of me thinks the constant changes is my way of keeping things new and fresh...because if things aren't new and fresh...I quickly get bored and them often lose my focus.

So...here is my new plan. I am not following anyone else's diet...I am following my own. I am creating my own diet plan and following it to the letter. I am coining it, "The Protein Shake Diet." It's real original, eh? Can you imagine what most of my diet consists of???

Here is the basic plan...eat a lot of protein...with shockingly...the protein shakes. Here a daily break down of what it looks like:

Breakfast- 7am
Vitamins
Water
Protein Shake
Small Fat Free Yogurt

Snack-10am
Water
Protein Shake

Lunch-12pm
Water
Small Salad w/ chick peas and low fat cheese
Light Salad Dressing
Sugar Free Jello or Pudding
Small Piece of Fruit (sometimes)

Snack-3pm
Water
String Cheese or Cottage Cheese
Peanuts or small piece of fruit
Protein Shake (post workout...if I am working out)

Dinner- 5:30-6pm
Water
Veggie Burger (no bun)
Steamed Veggies or small salad
String Cheese

Snack-7:30pm
Water
Sugar Free Juice Pop or Jello

It's simple...and it is a simple, low fat way of adding protein to my diet. I did that yesterday...even though I ended up having a smaller dinner, so I ended up snacking more at night, but it all works. It reminds me of my own version of that liquid/shake diet that my parents did back in the 80s....except it is coupled with really good, healthy food. It's not a diet that thinks that veggies or fruit is bad, etc. I am going to try it for a few weeks...and see how it works and then probably tweak it from there.