Monday, October 02, 2006

And so goes another week...

I did really well this weekend...in terms of exercise and diet. It helped that I didn't have to work on Thursday because I wasn't as tired as I usually am. But none the less...the planning helped.

I went out to lunch with my parents on Sunday...it was an early celebration for my birthday since during the week we all are going to be very busy, etc...and next weekend might be hectic as well. I was really thinking about where I could go..and not completely blow it with food.

I decided on the Olive Garden...usually OG looms disaster for me since they have huge portions and tons of bread and salad and soup....and yummy desserts...and fruity drinks. But...when I really think about it...with some planning...it is a great place to go for a nice lunch or dinner. I got the soup and salad lunch. I ended up having more bread than I should have...but well...a couple more breadsticks than planned won't kill anyone. I had two bowls of salad...and some minestrone soup. Their soup is SO filling. No fruit drinks...no dessert...no huge meal that you could eat forever.

And I worked out on Sunday...I got home from the lunch, took a quick nap (it was so rainy and dreary...how could you not?)...and then got up and ran for 45 minutes on the elliptical. I was glad I worked it in...because it would have been WAY too easy to skip it.

This week...I am going to continue eating Phase One of South Beach...and see how that goes. So far...so good...and really not that hard at all. Other than loathing and still having to eat cottage cheese...I am really enjoying the foods I am eating.