Friday, September 29, 2006

it's about time, eh?

I have a half day at work today...which is so nice. It reminds me of those half days at school...during parent teacher days...and in staff training days. Those days just felt so great...you were in school for a couple of hours and then headed home. So...I am in work for a couple of hours and then heading home.

And what am I going to do with my half day off?? Well...it raining, so probably not a lot of outside stuff getting done. I am going to workout for a little bit...and I am going to do some much needed cleaning.

And most importantly...I am getting my hair cut. I have been growing my hair out for Locks of Love. I did this before...a few years back when I was in grad school. My hair was getting long again, so I decided to do it. I have been wanting to cut my hair for MONTHS now...because it is so long that I absolutely LOATHE it! I hate it all the time...when I get up...when I am working out...when I get out of the shower...when I am trying to get it out of my face...when it is down and turns into a messy lion mane.

Hate it, hate it, hate it...and this afternoon...I am getting it cut.

However...I am also quite nervous. I don't like short hair...I need to have some length. That is why I have been letting it grow so long before I cut it because my hair needs to at least reach my collarbone. I have to have hair long enough to pull it up and out of my face...and I know I will like my new hair better, but I am also nervous because it always takes me a little while to adjust to new hair. I hate my long annoying hair...but in reality, I am also used to it.

So I am excited...but nervous...and thirdly, I am proud of donating my hair. I know it took a lot of patience and I am hopeful that it will really help someone.