Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #57

This is my fifth Thirteen...I think.


Thirteen Things That Shelley Likes About Herself


1. My smile.
2. My laugh...it's loud, it's obnoxious...I love it.
3. My passion for making the world a better place for all of us...it's brought me to a career that I love.
4. My hair. I used to hate my red hair, but now I really love it.
5. That I am a good friend. I will give the shirt off my back (get out of the gutter please!) in order to help someone I care about.
6. My financial good sense...I can save a penny I don't even have and I am very thankful that I learned and applied those lessons.
7. My sense of humor...I can usually have people laughing no matter the setting.
8. My work ethic..I have never been fired from job...hope I never am...I always show up on time, work hard and then work even harder.
9. My education. I feel very lucky to have been able to get my bachelors and my masters...and am proud of how well I did at both.
10. How important my family is to me...I really love this about myself because once I thought that being independent meant that family was good, but not crucial. I was wrong...I know that.
11. And the opposite...my independence. i love that I am a strong woman who can take care of herself and make her own decisions.
12. I love...that I am liberal, a democrat, a vegetarian, a feminist. Yep...I am one of those and really proud of it.
13. I love that it didn't take me nearly as long to write this list of things I love about myself...than it would have 5 years ago. I love that I am willing and able to love myself...with reckless abandon!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!