Thursday, September 07, 2006

Commenting on commenting....

Hey y'all....I am going to send a Thursday morning post out about commenting. I love commenting...I really do. I love that blogs and websites can be interactive...instead of me just blabbering on...I get to have people banter back and give me some feedback to my site and what I have had to say.

So...please keep commenting...for the most part. You know...I have rarely had problems with commenting...since I don't have a high traffic site...it's almost always been on topic and appropriate...until about a week ago. I have had to delete two comments in the last week. I know...two comments isn't a huge deal, but it bugs me.

What bugs me, you ask? Well...a couple of things. One...when people come to your site and comment...just to sell something they can profit from. They will leave some comment that says..."hey, check out this link for the best medication in weight loss ever." You know what...unless you are paying me...and even then, don't use my website to sell your stuff.

And secondly...if you are going to do that...and by the way...DON'T...then at least make the comment a smidge on topic. Someone left a comment yesterday selling their "weight loss secret" on the post where I am trying to raise money for diabetes research. Have some class please....and at least read the post that you are commenting on. Well over half my posts are weight loss related...you could have selected one of those...but instead...you thought...I will put it on the sticky post so that more people might read it and then maybe buy the crap I am selling.

I always email the people and tell them I am deleting their post...and to not use my site again to try to sell stuff. Ugh. It just bugs me. I don't think I will ever get to the point that I have all my comments moderated...because then it leaves a real lag between when someone posts a comment and when it shows up, but people who abuse comments and their intended purpose....just make me cranky.

And when I am cranky...and leave a cranky post just like this one.

To everyone else....Happy Thursday!