Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I think 9/11 should be a national holiday...

And this is why....

It's not because I want to have another day off when I don't have to go to work...but because I think it would be a really special way of honoring those people who died and those people who protect us every single day.

I think it would be wonderful if every year...we had rememberance events, speeches, etc...but we also had parades and festivals. We aren't celebrating what happened on Sept. 11th, but instead...we are celebrating the police, the EMTs, the firefighters...those people who put their lives on the line every single day in order to keep us safe.

And...I also think it would be another day, much like July 4th..where we could celebrate our country and what it means to be an American. In many ways...that would be thumbing our noses at those terrorists...they gave us tragedy, but they also gave us another day to celebrate everything it means to be an American.

That's my theory....whatcha think?