Friday, September 08, 2006

The after effects of the 30 Day Challenge...

So...as I said a few days back...when I went to the water park with my friend...we were going to eat out at the local restaurant there. It was such a nice coincidence that my 30 Day No Fast Food/Eat Out/Takeout challenge had ended the day before...it was a sign!

So...we played in the water...got ourselves all tired out and hungry from the running up stairs and paddling through the water....and we decided to head upstairs to grab a bite to eat.

What did I eat? A huge plate of fries and a hunkering veggie burger??? A dang cheese quesadilla??? A huge plate o' nachos with that gooey orangey cheese???

Nope...I had a salad...and a fabulous one at that. It had some nice field greens...some cukes...some carrots...a little onion...tomatoes...some parm cheese sprinkled on top...and then I had them take the croutons off and add some egg to the top. I had just a splash of basalmic vinagrette on the top...and I was off. It was so so good. I could have eaten that salad forever.

And last night...I worked at video storeland. I could smell the yummy pizza all night...and it smelled good. I thought to myself...I could go over, but well...I didn't. I brought in my snacks and ate my dinner before I went to work. It was all good.

One of the main reasons I did the challenge...was not just to not eat out for 30 Days...but in hopes that it would stick. You know that old saying that if you do something for 28 Days it becomes a habit...well, I was following that theory. For 30 Days...I prepared all the food I ate....and I survived...quite well in fact. So, I will eat out from time to time...but not nearly as much as I did before. And...I am going to be committed to making better choices when I do eat out. I ate a great salad...I was satisfied and it was healthy.

Go me!

P.S. So far...so good...with the candy challenge. I was tempted to eat some Sour Patch Kids yesterday, but well...rules are rules.