Monday, June 19, 2006

Weight Loss Stuff

So...yep, for the past 3 weeks...I have done nothing in terms of losing weight. I have done a lot in terms of gaining weight. I have been eating out, I have not been working out, I have not been walking to work, I have been sleeping more and moving less.

In total, in the last few weeks...I have gained 5 pounds. I am surprised it is just 5 pounds.

So...I am going to refocus a little bit. I am about halfway to where I want to be...and this is the time when last year, I lost focus and gained all my weight back. I see myself sliding there right now.

I am going to try a couple of things differently. Instead of ramping things up, I am going to slow things down. I think for the second half, I need to do it even slower. I really think...if I stick with this, it will help me transition to maintaining (if I ever get there).

So, this is the deal.

1. I am still going to write down everything I eat....and my goal is to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories. However, I have two days of the week where I can not focus on calories, but just two days....like 21 days like the last 3 weeks.

2. I am going to workout at least 3 days a week...if more, great...but just three days a week.

3. The one thing I am going to do everyday...drink 100 oz. of water. I know I can do this.

4. And finally, I am going to weigh-in monthly instead of weekly. I need to not get so OCD about the scale. So, I will weigh in the 1st of the month and then put the scale away for the rest of the month.

That's my plan, Stan! I am hopeful it will help me refocus. Cross your fingers for me.