Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's been a while....

hi y'all..I haven't written in a while. It's been a smidge crazy around here and also...well, I will admit it, I am lazy. I am just going to share a bunch of stuff that I have been meaning to post all week long.

  • I decided to leave the audiopost up there. I don't know how often I will do it, but I do think it is kind of cool. For the most part, not many people read my blog who don't know me...so, I kind of like the idea of talking to y'all ever once in a while.


  • Last Saturday...I went to a graduation party for a friend and a former co-worker. She just graduated with her master's degree. It was a really good time...and I was so happy for her. She looked great...and just seemed really happy and alive. It was nice to see. She is originally from the midwest, so I hope to see her more often before she decides if she is going to hang around here or if she is going to head back to her neck of the woods.


  • I wrote an angry email to Hillary Clinton the other day. I didn't like her comments she made about people in their 20s and how they don't know the meaning of work. I felt that the comments weren't really valid...and if anything, her daughter and her bloated salary spoke more about the people she was remarking about than the general person in their 20s...just hoping and praying that they get a job...ANY JOB...when they graduate from college. Anyways...I wrote an email...spoke my mind. I know that she probably won't read it...one of her people probably will...but it felt good to write it and tell my Senator what I thought of her comments.


  • I admit...I watch American Idol. This is the first year I have watched it well into the season. Usually I only watch during the train wreck weeks...when people audition who think they know how to sing...only to have the world find out that they can't. It's hilarious...I love it. Anyways...I kept watching and really got into it this year. I thought there were some actual great talents. And yep...I watched for Chris Daughtery. I think he is amazing...I love my bald, hot rocker. I really thought he would win it all. He is the first American Idol person...that when he releases an album...I'll buy it. I was sad to see him go...and shocked honestly, but oh well...it's American Idol...the people voted and Chris went bye bye. I also LOVE Taylor Hicks. I call him "Grand Maul Seizure" cause well...he looks like he is having a seizure when he is singing and dancing, but I love him for it. He is in the finals...and I would love nothing more than for him to win it all. Go Taylor! Soul Patrol!


  • I went to a water park last night. Our local amusement park...it has a connected hotel with a water park in it. A couple of my friends work at the hotel, so I got to go and splash around in the water for free. It was a blast. One, I love hanging out with the girls...cause they are awesome. And two, the park is great. It has this family tube slide...that is just too much fun. I splashed around in the water for like 3 hours...and also climbed the stairs to the slides about a million times. My legs may hate me today, but lord...I had a good time.


  • I didn't do a weigh in this week. I misbehaved last week...and decided to not step on the scale on Monday. I am going to kick things in gear this week and hope to be back at the place I was a week ago. I know this is the time when I tend to be lax about my weight loss stuff...so, I am working hard to not let that happen (when I am not eating subs and pizza from the hot pizza guys next door.) So...we'll see what the scale says next week. *crosses fingers*


  • Alright...that's it. In the future, I won't let a week go by without posting. See y'all later.