Friday, June 16, 2006

Aurghhh!!!!!

Let me tell you a little, itty, bitty story about how much I loathe my upstairs neighbor. He's a douche...I think some people might remember me telling a story about how the jerkball was all kinds of loud with listening to music, etc. Well...let's just say that behavior has continued....and here is the story.

So, on Thursday...I worked at the county from 7:30 until 4:30pm...then I worked at the video store from 5pm to 1am. So, let's just say it was a long day and I was looking forward to getting home and getting some much needed zzzzzz.

To my surprise...when I got home it was quiet and peaceful, so I spent a little time unwinding and then fell asleep some time between 1:30 and 2am.

THEN...at 6am...almost like clockwork, I am woken up by *dum, dum, dum*...the noise of my upstairs neighbor playing video games and the sounds coming through my ceiling, etc. Let me tell you how unhappy I was about this...I have only been asleep for 4 hours...and I could have slept in for another hour before having to get up for work. Grrr...

So, I slammed my door twice on the way to the bathroom...to let him know that I could hear him and that he woke me up. And this is when it gets interesting....he hears my slams of the door...oh yes he does. And for the next 45 minutes to almost an hour....he jumps up and down on the floor...slams things down on the floor...goes to different parts of the apartment and bangs on the floor....goes by the stairs and jumps up and down on the stairs.

I'll be honest...this guy scares this shit out of me...which is why I slams doors or bang on the wall instead of going upstairs and asking him to turn it down. I have overheard some of his conversations...and when he gets pissed off, I don't want to be alone standing in front of him.

Anyways...I can't believe the aggressive display that goes on for close to an hour. I shower quickly...get dressed and head to work. And...make the decision that I am not renewing my lease. I am not going to live like this anymore. I discussed it with some people at work...and they said I should have called the cops on him this morning. And, I probably should...what he did in terms of the law...aggrevated harassment. But well...I don't like the idea of calling the cops on people...even when they DESERVE it.

I did call my landlord this afternoon and left her a message...informed her that I won't be renewing my lease and told her I had an issue with the guy upstairs again. She called me back and when I told her the story...she was livid. She said that anything in the future...call the cops girl! So, I am glad to have her support...she also said she called him and spoke with him. He is still planning on moving and she said she told him that any more incidents and she will immediately evict him.

I am still moving anyways....cause well, living downstairs from this prick has made it a long year. So, well...I am moving out and moving on.

Been a fun day for me, eh? But at least...right now....quiet as can be!