Monday, June 12, 2006

the world is some people's ashtray

You know...I don't have many pet peeves. I try not to let things bother me...because, well...what is the point, right? But sometimes...I am just amazed at how selfish people can be.

One of my biggest pet peeves...is littering. I don't see why it is so hard for people to pick up after themselves and throw their garbage away. If I see someone throw a wrapper or something on the ground...I have often been known to walk up to the wrapper, pick it up and then say, "Well since it is too much trouble for you to throw this away, I will do it for you. No need to thank me." Then I walk away...it angers the people to all hell, but I don't care. Maybe they will think twice next time before throwing their garbage on the ground.

But even more than garbage...what bothers me more..is cigarette butts. Aurggh. Since the weather is getting nicer and nicer...I am seeing it more. Selfish, jerky people who think that when they are done with their cigarette while driving their cars....it is completely appropriate to just chuck it out of the window. To them, the world is their ashtray....and they don't seem to give a damn.

You know what I would LOVE to do...just once...or maybe twice...or maybe to every smoker I see do it! lol I would love to follow that person to their house...get their address...and then fill bags of cigarette butts from the side of road...bring them to their house...and fill THEIR HOME with them. It only seems fair, eh?