Monday, January 09, 2006

first weigh-in

I got up this morning at 6:45am....and went in to weigh-in. I had been pretty hopeful that the scale would be kind to me, but I still wasn't sure until I stepped on the scale.

So, the big bad results are....

I lost SIX pounds this week! I am freakin' psyched! I thought I lost, but seeing 6 pounds is awesome. I know it is the first week back, so much of it is water and I won't continue losing at that pace...nor do I really want to. But, I'll take it!

Which reminds me....I am going to complain about the Biggest Loser for a little bit. I watch the show...and sometimes I find it inspiring and helpful, but I also get frustrated by the show. I get frustrated because I think it doesn't help people who are living real lives at home. I often hear contestants saying, "Oh my god, I only lost 4 lbs this week. I am so disappointed with myself. It sucks to lose such little weight."

I understand that they are in a competition, but I think that sends a bad and even dangerous message to the viewers at home. 4 pounds...in terms of healthy, sustainable loss...is a lot, not a little. So, I often think of someone at home..doing their workout, healthy routine...who loses two pounds a week....and just feels like a failure because of some of the Biggest Loser contestant comments.

I still think the Biggest Loser has value, I just wish that it connected more to the actual viewers experience of losing weight.

Anyways....6 pounds...whoo hoo! Off to have breakfast and keep this healthy living going!