Saturday, December 24, 2005

happy christmas and merry hanukah

Well...almost! It's Christmas Eve and it completely doesn't feel like it. This post is going to seem like a pity party post, but well...it isn't meant to be. I am working for Christmas Eve and Christmas at the video store....cause I make time and a half...and the $$$ is well worth it. Plus, my parents are out of town for Christmas this year...they are spending the holidays with my brother in Florida...since my nephew Alex just turned one.

Yep, I wish I could be with them....in warm, sunny Florida...but in many ways, I am fully content being right here. I have never been someone really INTO Christmas anyways. I am king of a Ms. Grinch, Bah Humbug when it comes to Christmas anyways. It's the presents and the craziness that I don't enjoy...not the holiday. If I could blink my eyes and turn Christmas into a holiday like Thanksgiving...where it is about sharing time and a meal with family...and not one about presents, I would in a SECOND! I just hate how people behave in the malls...and on the roads....and how nasty people can get while trying to buy the best deal possible. I just wish people who shop with the spirit of Christmas in their hearts....instead of being proud of screwing someone and getting the best deal possible.

Yep, I am officially Ms. Grinch....I admit it!

And....I thought of an old friend today too. When I lived in Indiana, I used to always spend holidays at her house with her family. It was incredibly kind of them....knowing that my family was so far away. Plus, I adored her...and her family. I saw her IM name online today....and just thought of her. Long story short...we aren't friends anymore. It was drama...and hurtful...and in the end, I walked away with the decision that we just weren't meant to be friends. But, even though I have unresolved issues about our friendship and how hurt I felt...I still miss her...and her friendship. Cause sometimes...she was a great friend. Part of me wants to IM her and say hello....but another part of me knows that I already did that once and nothing happened. So, in many ways...I am not willing or able to put myself out there again for someone who didn't care much the last time I did. But I wish her...and her family...an amazing holiday.

Yep....pity party post. Sometimes you just need one.

Merry Christmas y'all....in the friendly, loving, non-commercial sense! *winks* Love to everyone around!