Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year?

I have never been very impressed with this faux holiday called New Year's Eve. I have had some pretty cool new years...but still, I just think it is a silly holiday. I have a hard time even thinking of it as a holiday.

Part of it is also because I have had more boring new years than spectacular ones. And...in many ways, people look at you if you don't have exciting plans on New Years like you are pathetic or something. I think my diss of New Years is rebelling against that mentality.

On most weekdays...I wake up at about 5:30am...and so, it is rare that I stay up past midnight, etc...so if I am tired tonight at 10:30ish...why shouldn't I go to bed? Why should I yawn and force myself to stay awake to watch the clock strike midnight??

So, I might go to sleep tonight before midnight...and I refuse to see myself as pathetic because of it.