Saturday, September 11, 2004

What famous leader are you?



Hmm, Gandhi? Well...for one, I don't think I could ever live up to the example that Gandhi set....how he was willing to sacrifice so much for what he believed was right and how he was able to see so clearly how to make the world a better, more peaceful place.

Morals do matter to me though...in a huge way. I think that someone having a moral core is one of the most important things in life. I am not sure that there is anything redeemable without it.

I like the idea of leading by example...it means much more than it seems. You can easily tell people what the right thing is to do...it is much harder, but more effective to show people the right way to live by living that way yourself. I often see many people who call themselves leaders...but they seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouth.

But...I do not think perfection is important. In fact, I think the opposite. I think the world is so much more colorful and interesting because of the flaws. I am who I am today, not because of the moments of perfection...but because of the lifetime of flaws.

Gandhi huh? That's a lot to live up to....