Tuesday, September 07, 2004

TV Tuesday Week 22

It's Tuesday...so it is time for TV Tuesday.

Week 22 - Kid Shows

1. When you were a kid what was (or is if you're still a kid LOL) your favorite show?
Well, I think my answer would have to be Punky Brewster. I just loved that show and yep, I desperately wanted to be as cool as Punky. A close second would be "You Can't Do That On Television" on Nikelodeon....you know that show where they did quirky skits and dumped water and slime on people all the time! Now that is good TV!

2. What is the silliest kids show you've ever seen? (You can use stupidest, most outrageous, worst, etc if you prefer!)
I am having a hard time thinking of one, but one thing that had to do with kids that I thought was ridiculous was the Fear Factor Family Edition. I mean...I think it is acceptable and even entertaining at times to make adults do ridiculous things in order to win some cash, but when you do it to kids...it is just horribly wrong.

3. If you could be any character in a kids show (past or present) who would you be? Why?
I wanted to be Ricky Schroder on "Silver Spoons" so I could ride around that huge house on a train...

~Bonus~ This one is kind of for the adults and parents out there. Do you feel kids shows have changed for the better or worse since you were a kid?
I think like much of TV in general out there, it is getting worse. I think that there is often too much adult information in kids shows...and they just aren't as innocent as they used to be. But then again, I can't say I watch kids programs anymore...I should ask a friend of mine who is obsessed with Spongebob Sqaurepants!

Shelley