Wednesday, September 08, 2004

potential news on the job front...

So...on Tuesday I went for a job interview for a position doing homeless street outreach. The interview went really well and they asked me back tonight to go on a ride along in the outreach van. I spent about an hour out with two of the team members. It reminded me a lot of the work I did in Indianapolis. It won't be a perfect job...I will have to commute about 45 minutes to work everyday and the pay isn't great...but this is work I know well and work I really enjoy.

When I left...the exec. director told me that I was the top candidate and she was really happy I was interested in the job. She told me that she was checking my references and hopes to be able to offer me the position. The only hiccup might be...that I have gotten two speeding tickets in my driving history, so she hopes that the insurance guy doesn't have a heart attack when he hears that. She thinks that one is old enough that it won't even show up on my record anymore...so, let's hope.

It was nice to hear her talk about how she was impressed with my work record and also impressed with my passion and knowledge about the issue of homelessness.

*crosses fingers*

I am sick of not working...I need to get myself back out there. I am bored with myself already!

Happy Wednesday everyone...

Shelley