Monday, September 20, 2004

I thought a lot about this possible job in Albany over the weekend...what it might mean for my career and the limitations of it.

To make a long story short...the director called back this afternoon and offered the job to me again at only a smidge more money. And after thinking about it, I rejected the offer.

I decided that I shouldn't sell myself short and with the commute, I would barely be making any money. It might be a nice gateway position, but it just didn't feel right.

So, I am still very much by choice. I am going to volunteer there from time to time, but I just couldn't sign on for the position....with the salary it was offering.

I wonder if saying no was a huge mistake, but I think it was the right thing to do...and it allows me to keep looking for something I really really want.


Give me some comforting thoughts...or tell me what a fool I am...