Thursday, February 05, 2009

Survived the morning commute...

Phew. It goes without saying that it is flippin' cold this morning. I got up, put some warm and fuzzy clothes on, got ready for work, warmed my car up...and headed out the door for work.

As I drove along...happily singing to the music on the radio, a car pulled out of their driveway and almost slammed right into my car. I don't know if they weren't looking or if they couldn't see me because of the snowbanks, etc.

I swerved out of the way and just missed a big time smash up. Aurgh! Luckily, there was not anyone coming in the other direction because the only way for me to avoid the accident was to swerve into the oncoming lane. I know that in defensive driving they say to never do that...because you could be driving yourself right into another accident, but I figured....either 100% chance of an accident or at least a chance of avoiding it.

Luckily...no harm, no foul. My heart was going a million miles a minute for a while, but other than that...safe as can be.