Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/20/09....the day is finally here!

Obama Pictures, Images and Photos

I was lucky enough to have the day off yesterday in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I felt like yesterday was 2 holidays. It was celebrating the legacy that is Martin Luther King Jr and what he gave to our country....and the second holiday is that yesterday was the official last day of GWB being in office. It's about time.

Ah, what a nice day it is, eh? As of noon, Obama will no longer be the President-Elect, but he'll actually be the President. I cannot wait. I wish I could be home today and watch the inauguration live. I'll DVR it, but it just won't be the same. I am so jealous of those people who are going to be down in DC and watching it right in front of their eyes.

Now, I don't think that all of our problems will be solved because Obama is now going to be our president, but I do believe that things will start to turn in the right direction. I have hope when I think of our country's leadership for the first time...since well...ever. It reminds me of the feeling I had when Clinton was elected....hopeful of the direction the country could take. Obama has a lot more work to do and his road will not be as easy, but I still have that same sense of hope and confidence.

Welcome Obama...the nation is waiting.