Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mmm.......

Hey y'all....one thing I have learned in the last year, is that I actually am pretty good at baking. I never knew that. My mom...was fabulous in the kitchen. She was always making pies and cookies and candy and what not...and they were scrumdiddlyumptious! So, if I needed to bring something into work...or I wanted to bake a cake for a friend's bday...I would tell me mom, she would bake it up and voila! I made fudge with her once, but usually...I would just place the order and pick up the goods. One of the regrets I have now...is that I didn't spend more time with her in the kitchen and learn some of her tricks of the trade.

One thing my mom always did...is make cookies and cake and pie for the church when they were having dinners and what not. The church is having a pork dinner tonight, so I signed up to bring some supplies and I also signed up to bring a cake and/or a pie. I decided on AND instead of OR. So, here is what I made:

Photobucket

This is a grasshopper fudge cake. It smells divine. It is mint flavored white and green marbled cake...covered in a layer of fudge and then topped with mint flavored whipped topping and andes candies. If only the internet was scratch and sniff...and you could smell just how great this cake well...smells. I've haven't tasted it yet, but I am going to assume it is yummy.

And #2:

Photobucket

This is a No Bake Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pie. It's super easy to make and it is so rich and creamy. And of course, it is topped with drizzled dark chocolate fudge and some reese's PB cups. Mmmm...mmm....good!

I hope the church enjoys them...and I really did like making them. I have found I feel connected to my mom when I bake. I hope the church enjoys them even 10% as much as they LOVED my mom's baking. They used to ooh and ahh about the goodies she brought.

If anyone wants the recipes...email me and I would be more than happy to share. Enjoy your weekend y'all!

Labels: , , ,