Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #36


Thirteen Things That Make Shelley Happy!


I haven't done a TT in a while....ooops...my bad! So, I came back with a vengeance and decided to post 13 things that are currently making me happy. :)

1. Obviously, I got my new laptop yesterday and that makes me all kinds of crazy happy. I kept powering it up, playing with it, deciding I was done...powering it down...only to decide that I must continue playing with it and powering it back up again. It's awesome...and I love my new toy. Next objective, moving everything that I want from the old computer to the new computer. whoo hoo!
2. I got paid today. I love pay days...they bring me joy, but this one bring me extra joy. I got paid three times this month, so this paycheck seems like extra free money.
3. I used the extra paycheck to pay for the computer I just got. So, not only did I get a new, swanky computer, but I don't really feel like my pocketbook got squeezed doing it.
4. The radio right now is playing John Mayer "Waiting On The World To Change." I love this song...so therefore, happy. It's interesting that when the radio plays a song I like, it makes me so much happier than if I just threw it into the CD player. It's almost like the radio station knew that I loved that song, etc.
5. I am going to Maine not this weekend, but next weekend. It'll be the beginning of my vacation. I am going with my dad and we are meeting up with one of my uncles and maybe one of my other uncles is coming as well. It should be a really good time.
6. Did I mention my new computer and the joy it brings me??? No? Well...it makes me happy.
7. I am happy that the week is almost over. I have been exhausted all week long. I have almost called in sick every day...just because I was so tired when I woke up. I am looking forward to the long weekend and lots of relaxing.
8. Oh yeah...I am happy that Monday is a holiday! I don't have any big plans, but I love holidays!
9. And because I usually get Mondays off from work, I get extra time off. I get Monday off work...like everyone else, but I also get a half day on Wednesday too. So, next week seems like a super short week.
10. And...the week after Labor Day, I am on VACATION. I'll admit it, I kind of feel like I am already in vacation mode. I am so ready to have a whole week off. I am not going anywhere special really....getting stuff done around the apartment, taking little day trips. I like to have one week of my vacation be where I don't go anywhere...because when you go away, you end up coming back to work more tired than when you left.
11. The radio is now playing Green Day. I love Green Day. This makes me happy.
12. I paid bills this morning. I know I have mentioned this before...and people think I am weird or deranged or what not, but I get such happiness of logging on and paying all my bills. It's a control issue...but well, I guess it's better than those people who are so afraid of bills and getting late notices all the time. I woke up this morning...and before I even thought about getting dressed or breakfast, I booted up the computer (the old one)...and paid all the bills coming up in the next two weeks. Rock on!
13. Just in case you didn't know, I got a new computer...and it brings me happiness and joy.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , ,