Friday, August 03, 2007

I am not 12 years old!!!

Okay, so my dad wanted to do a little shopping last night and asked me to go along. I am a nice kid...and of course, his favorite and only daughter....so I went along. We went to Devil-Mart to buy some stuff he needed for his painting project and a few groceries.

All was good...until Dad decided that he wanted to get some beer. He selected the beer....bought the cheapest kind they had. (Hey, I had to get my cheap gene from someone, mkay?). We bought some other items and made our way up to the check out.

We are checking out...and when my dad puts the beer up there, the guy looks at me and says, "I can't sell you two the beer until I see your ID." I didn't plan on buying anything, so I didn't have my ID with me...it was in my car back at the house. So, I said..."I don't have my ID, but then again...I am TWENTY NINE years old!" He looks at me like he doesn't believe any of that and says to my dad..."Unless she walks away and I pretend she isn't in your party, I can't sell you the beer."

So...I walked away. But well, it's not the point. In 2 months and 2 days...I am going to be god damn THIRTY years old. The guy said to my dad when I was away that since I didn't look 21, he couldn't sell to me. Please...I know I look young, but that's just ridiculous.

*grumbles, grumbles*

Labels: ,