Monday, April 30, 2007

Weigh In: Week 2 Redux

It's week 2...and I had hoped to log on and announce another loss...hopefully a big loss, but well...my behavior didn't really jive with that.

I didn't lose anything last week, but I didn't gain anything either...so no change is the official report. And in actuality, that is something of a miracle. I started the week really strong, but then I lost my focus about midweek and then went downhill from there.

What do you mean by downhill, you ask? Well...let's see...I ate pizza on Wednesday night. I ate Panera for dinner on Friday night. I had Taco Bell for lunch on Saturday and then I went to Dunkin' Donuts on Sunday...and made cookies at night just cause I wanted a warm, yummy cookie.

So yeah...the fact that I didn't gain...makes me officially not only believe in god, but believe that she's on my side! *winks*

Ooh...and I forgot about my no soda challenge and drank a soda yesterday. I remembered it after I glugged down about 5 sips. But...looking at the above description...soda isn't really my problem, is it? So...starting tomorrow on May 1st...I am going to do 30 days of no pizza/take out again. I find a month of cleansing of no take out food usually really helps me keep on task, so....forget the no soda challenge, especially since not drinking soda is usually not a struggle for me.

Looking back, I also see a problem with the mid-week downhill slide...as that I was too active with exercise, etc in the beginning of the week. I think I got tired and burned out. I walked over 12000 steps on Monday and then pushed hard on Tuesday and Wednesday, etc...so by the time Thursday came, I was spent. So...this week, I am going to be active, but look to space it out. Makes sense, eh?

My goals for this week:
1. Drink 100 oz of water a day.
2. Take my vitamins every single morning.
3. Plan all my meals the night before...and make my lunch in the evening.
4. Work out at least 4 days of the week.
5. No eating out...and I mean it! *winks*

There we go...another week...cross your fingers for me. The only real positive (other than the fact that I didn't gain)....is that I am not beating myself up for being the Queen of Suck this last week. I see my mistakes and I am moving forward. It's all baby steps people...baby steps! (P.S. Yes, I do think about What About Bob? every time I say or hear the phrase "baby steps")

Labels: , , ,