Monday, April 30, 2007

Work Walking Challenge....

The walking challenge that my work is sponsoring starts today...and it will overlap with the walking challenge that I signed up for with Women's Day, so that's cool.

The work challenge has me track my number of steps walked daily (and they gave me a pedometer to do it)...and they also have me track the servings or fruits and veggies that I eat everyday. (Being the vegetarian...I don't think that will be a problem for me! lol). I put my pedometer on this morning and started tracking away. I plan on using both my 15 minute breaks to take walks....and then I am going to walk when I get home, either outside (depending on the weather) or on my elliptical. We'll see.

It's exciting...cause anyone who has read here before knows...I love the idea of challenges. It ignites my competitive spirit, which is not a bad thing when it comes to Shelley and fitness.

Labels: , ,