Wednesday, April 11, 2007

buying a car can sometimes be a huge hassle....



A few months back, I went with a friend to go car hunting. We went to a few local dealers and then she ended up deciding on a local place that is good with working with people who have so-so credit. She picked out a car and was going to pick it up, but they called her and said that during the inspection the engine died and that they were going to need to replace the engine. Now...I would have walked away right then, but she decided to let them put another engine in the car. I ended up hearing from another friend that the day she got the car (with the new engine) that the check engine light came on. Of course, the car she was buying was As-Is, etc. I wish I could have told her to go to Lemonfree.com and check out their site where they list Used Cars For Sale. Maybe she could have gotten a nice car there without all the hassles. It seems like the site takes the shadiness out of the business, etc. She ended up buying a neon...and I did a quick search and found ALL these listings for Neons. I will definitely recommend this site next time I have a friend looking for a reliable, used car.