Thursday, February 22, 2007

Financial Info

I figured I would write a post about credit and finances since I spent my whole Thursday Thirteen talking about money and debt. I am amazed at how much people don't know about money, finances, retirement, credit reports and loans. I can remember when I graduated from high school...I knew nothing about financial planning and how to map out my financial future. It all just seemed like magic. I think that students should have to take a financial course in either high school or college because sadly, we are left to educate ourselves.

I found this site where it has a lot of information including info about getting an Instant Credit Report. I get a credit report at least once a year along with a fico score. I think it is so crucial to know what your credit says...or you can never do anything about it. I ended up finding out about a bunch of old credit cards which were still on my credit report...that I thought I had closed years ago when I did my last credit report. If I hadn't run my credit report, I would never had known to write and officially cancelled those accounts.

This site also has a lot of information about car loans, credit cards, mortgages, retirement and of course financial calculators. I love financial calculators!! They can help you figure out how quickly you can pay off your credit cards...how much you can afford to borrow...how long you will be paying a loan off if you only pay the minimum amount due, etc. I really love those things!

Check out their site...there is a lot of info and I think that the more information that someone has about finances...the better!

Labels: ,