Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Taco Bean Soup

Hi everyone....I got a recipe from Sarah last month for a Turkey Taco Soup. It sounded and looked so good. It had meat in it...so I had to make a few changes in the recipe in order to make it vegetarian...and because I always have to tweak an ingredient or two.

I made it last night...and YUMMY...it is so good. I couldn't believe how scrumdiddlyumptious it was. Mmmm....mmmmm.....good!

Here is the recipe:

Taco Bean Soup

1.5 Cups Morningstar Soy Crumbles
2 Cans Stewed Italian Tomatoes
1 Can Black Beans, drained
1 Can Pinto Beans, drained
1 Can Garbanzo Beans, drained
1/2 bag frozen corn
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch dressing season
2 cups water

1. Cook up the soy crumbles until they are browned. You can add some garlic powder or chopped onion, if you like.
2. Add the stewed tomatoes, taco seasoning and ranch dressing and mix well. I used kitchen scissors to cut the tomatoes because the can I bought...the pieces of tomato were quite large.
3. Add the beans and water and mix.
4. Let simmer 45-50 minutes.

Enjoy! I figured out the calories and it is a little under 250 calories per serving. I served it with a dash of cheese on top. It had a lot of flavor and was SO filling! I highly recommend this meal and great thanks to SARAH for sharing this recipe with me.

Labels: ,