Tuesday, November 07, 2006

the election is almost over!

It's election night...I went and voted at about 1:30pm and then went out and did some grocery shopping. I will be so happy when the elections are over tomorrow. The campaigns were so nasty this year...with both sides spending more time slinging mud and spreading lies...instead of saying what they will do. It's all so disheartening.

Bernie SandersI was watching the news this evening...and they did a quick recap of the Vermont elections. I lived in Vermont for 5 years...and always had such respect for the type of politics they engage in. I have always been a Howard Dean supporter. Anyways...I saw that Bernie Sanders is leaving his longstanding position in the House and running for Jim Jeffords spot in the Senate. The news said he should win hands down. Yeah! Good for Sanders. He's a crazy, old man...but he is someone who votes for the people and their interests...and someone who just can't be bought. I wish all politicians could be more like Bernie...well...minus the hair!

Speaking of the news...there is a lot of election coverage tonight...as there should be. But...you know what disturbs me?? That tonight...ABC will halt election coverage from 8-9:30pm in order to air Dancing With The Stars. Ugh. This upsets me...don't get me wrong...I like Dancing with The Stars as much as the next person...and want Mario and his dimples to take it all...BUT...I do think the election results should take priority. Can't Dancing With The Stars take the evening off? Isn't the results of who is going to govern our nation worth that? Guess not.

Oh...and speaking of the most important news in the world...Britney is filing for divorce against K-Fed! Isn't that a shockaroonie???? Who would have seen that one coming???

Labels: