Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"what diet?" was the mantra for the long weekend...

From about Thursday on...my diet was not my priority. I started celebrating on Thursday for my birthday...that continued with bowling, food, cake and beer on Friday...and then it continued with apple picking, cider donuts, caramel dip, etc on Saturday and finished off with pizza and the like on Sunday and Monday. So...all in all....I didn't put fitness first.

but I did put celebration, family and fun first...and in the end, I won't apologize for that. I got myself back on track this morning and the scale may show a setback, but I also know it isn't the end of the world. I am really going to watch what I eat this week...and make sure I get those workouts in.

And in the positive column....I cleaned my room and did a bunch of laundry on Monday. I have needed to do some organizing and cleaning of my room for a few weeks now...and I have just put it off. Mainly I needed to organize my closet and get a bunch of my clothes put away. Plus...I was way behind on washing a bunch of my clothes. So...I spent Monday when I was off work cleaning, organizing and washing. I still have some things to sort though, but my room looks pretty good...I wouldn't mind having people hang out in there...and before, it was kind of looking like a hole. I have done a really good job of keeping the rest of the apartment clean, but my room is where I have been slacking.

And...cleaning counts as exercise, eh?