Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen!!!


Thirteen Things Shelley Has Learned About Her Birthday!


1. My birthday is Oct. 5, 1977.
2. Right now...I don't remember what time I was born. My mom knows about what time, but not the exact minute. It's that second child curse! lol Update: My mom says I was born right around 1:35pm.
3. My birthday is two days before John Mellencamp's....who is my rock star hero.
4. I always liked having my birthday in October...during that beginning of fall period.
5. I also always liked having my birthday during the school year...because there were cupcakes in school and often...more presents. Summer birthdays got pool parties...but I got cup cakes in class.
6. I didn't celebrate my birthday for years...maybe close to ten years.
7. I had a really bad birthday at 19 and decided that if we plan too much...we just leave ourselves open to being disappointed.
8. I still think that is true, but I don't ban the celebration anymore.
9. I think it is wonderful to celebrate your birthday...and to be joyful of a day all about celebrating that you entered the planet. However...I don't think we need to make it into a circus...because then if the circus does not happen...we end up feeling sad and disappointed on that special day.
10. At work, we have a birthday cake club. We all bake for someone's birthday.
11. I got carrot cake. I like carrot cake...and I tell myself that the cake is healthy.
12. A co-worker called me this morning at 7:55am to wish me a happy birthday. It was one of the sweetest things ever.
13. And my last revelation about my birthday...I am now officially 1 year away from turning the big 3-0! I am hopeful that I will take 30 in stride...but well, we'll see.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!