Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day 3 of No Fast Food is Underway!!!

I have made it into Day 3....and so far, so good.

I have been making all my own meals. I have been eating well. I have been working out everyday. I have been drinking my protein shakes.

And...I am looking forward to the financial benefit of this challenge as well. I can remember a few months ago when I realized that in one month's time I spent over a hundred dollars on ordering out food. I realized that I just threw that money out the window...because I had food at home, but I just wanted Panera or Taco Bell instead. Ugh.

So this 30 Day challenge...is first and foremost for health. I am looking forward to having a month where I know exactly what I am eating. There is no guesstimation because I am the one cooking it, etc. And two...I am looking forward to a month where I am not spending money unnecessarily on food.

My hope is that at the end of the month...that I realize how easy it is to not eat out. I realize that it is just as easy to throw a frozen dinner in the microwave and be eating dinner in 5 minutes. It is just as easy to bring a salad and a bowl of soup to work...instead of ordering a sandwich or 2 slices of pizza and a soda *gasps*

Come on Day 3...give me all you have!