Monday, April 17, 2006

Week 15 Weigh In: a little bit of everything...

Hello kiddos....it's officially been 15 weeks. This week wasn't the best week for me.

One, I tried an experiment...and didn't really like the result. I decided to not count my calories this week...cause I might be too OCD about counting them. I decided to just try to eat well and then see how I did. Well...since I wasn't writing it down, I over-indulged.

Two, an had an attack of the peanuts! I bought a can of peanuts and just couldn't stop eating them. It is a healthy snack...but eating a whole can over the span of just two days is just not right. I am not going to buy those cans of peanuts anymore.

Three, it was Easter this weekend. I ate well...had veggie soup, salad and some homemade bread, but I still ate more than I usually do. It was yummy...and on the positive, I didn't eat tons of candy or anything.

Four, I didn't workout as much as I usually do this week. I had a HUGE migraine on Friday, so I skipped that workout and I rested on Saturday since the headache just wiped me out.

All in all...not the best week, so I wasn't looking forward to this weigh-in.




And the results are...I lost one pound this week. I was imagining a maintain this week, so I am happy about the one pound. The fact that I lost anything at all seems like some sort of miracle given all the negative aspects of this week that I listed above. I plan on doing a lot of things differently this week.

Goals for this week:

1. Go back to counting my calories...don't fix what ain't broke!
2. Workout at least 4 times...hopefully six.
3. Drink at least 100 oz. of water each day...aim for 128 oz. (that's a gallon)
4. Do at least 2 strength training workouts this week. I did NONE last week. Bad Shelley!!!

That's it...wish me luck this week. I would LOVE to lose 3 lbs this week and get to my next mini-goal...which would be buying a new pair of sneakers. I know which pair I want to get...I think, I just need to lose those 3 pesky pounds and earn the reward of buying them!!