Sunday, January 15, 2006

nutra no more....

On Friday, I called and cancelled my Nutrisystem membership. That seems so reversed to what people usually do during the "I want to be healthy and fit" time in January.

But....it was just the right decision for me. I have a lot of respect for Nutrisystem and think it is a great program, it just isn't the right one for me for a couple of reasons.

One- I don't really need the breakfast or snack foods that they send you. I mean, I can measure out a cup of cheerios all on my own. And...I just don't like the snacks. I went to BJ's last night...and bought a bunch of little bags of goldfish crackers, teddy grahams and Baked Lays, etc. I just think I can do the snacks and breakfasts on my own.

Two-I like the lunches and desserts...but the whole program costs about 300 bucks a month. That's just a lot to spend...especially when I am trying to save for a lot of things. There are a few meals I really enjoy...and probably will miss.

So, I decided to cancel the monthly order...and just order a few lunches and dinners a la carte every once in a while. I still plan on being healthy...just more on my own.

What I do plan on doing...is researching the glycemic index and seeing exactly what they were doing, etc...since a lot of my foods tend to be card heavy, being the vegetarian that I am and all.

Alright kids...off to be video store gal! *winks*