Friday, January 13, 2006

damn federal employees!!!

Sometimes the world likes to remind you just how much you are not in control. I just finished watching some crap tv...threw on my walking shoes and trudged over to the Post Office because I need to send some things out, which involves buying stamps.

So, I get all the way over there....and walk inside...and the window is all closed and no one is in sight. I grumble and wonder why a Post Office would not be open at 1pm on a random Friday. I wonder if today is now considered some special holiday...just because I have the day off. I dismiss this thought. I wonder if they close for lunch. I dismiss this thought as well...since it is 1pm, so I would think that if they closed for lunch, it would be done by 1pm...and there would be a SIGN TELLING ME SO!

So, I walked down to the local park, circled around and walked home. As soon as I got home, I hopped on the dear ol' internet and looked the Post Office up. I was first looking for a phone number, so I could call them and be all bitchy about why they weren't open. Well...instead I clicked on the "Branch locator" do-hickey...and what do I see...they close for lunch from 12:15pm to 1:30pm daily.

I still say there should have been a sign...just saying.

But, life lesson for day. Check the internet before heading out...not after.

And yep, that means...I am off...back to the Post Office I go!