Sunday, October 30, 2005

Movie Review Sunday: Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

It's Sunday....and it's time for a movie review! And yep, I selected STAR WARS! Let me tell you, I am going to hate working at the video store this week...with people constantly wanting Star Wars...and us not having it in. It's gonna be a nasty week in video store land.

Star Wars Episode III
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen
Director: George Lucas


Do I really need to give you a plot overview? It's episode three in the Star Wars series...which sets up the ultimate battle between the forces of good and evil...between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the three following movies.

Yes, I gave this movie a 2 star rating...and here is why. Did I think it was a horrific movie? No. Did I think that the effects were pretty good? Yep. So...why 2 stars? Well, I will say...I am not a Star Wars girl...I don't think the movies are some god like icon when it comes to film. I think they are pretty overrated actually. But, I was actually looking forward to seeing this film. I had some real high hopes. I wanted to see the transition of Anakin from this idealistic, innocent boy...into the Darth Vader we knew him to be in the following films. We all knew it was coming...and I was really looking forward to watching that transition...how becoming obsessed with power warpes someone's sense of everything...so that all they see is obtaining that power at all costs. Well...none of that really happened. There was no slow change for Anakin...they seemed to be little or no confliction for him. He went from saying..."No, killing is wrong..." to this dark obsessed killing machine is about 2 minutes flat. The thing I was looking forward to most...what I thought would be the thick of the movie...was just blown over. So, for me...the movie was a huge disappointment.

I know...the Star Wars people are putting an evil hex on me right now just for writing this! lol

Have fun at the movies...and don't forget the popcorn!