Thursday, October 14, 2004

Theatre Thursday Week 21

I got to TV Tuesday late...and I am barely getting Theatre Thursday in on time, but read away and enjoy!

Week 21 - Movie-Going Habits

So you're going to the movies. We know all about which ones you like, which ones you don't like, your criticisms, your raves, your rants....

Eh. Let's get to the real stuff. What are your movie-going habits?


1) Do you go to the movies alone or with friends/family? Do you know exactly what movie you're going to see before you get there, or do you stand for 30 minutes outside the box office trying to decide between Pauly Shore and Meryl Streep?
Well, I am all over the board when it comes to going to the movies. I most often go with friends or family, but I also have been known to go to the movies by myself. It's an interesting experience to be in a huge theatre...in essence all by yourself. I always know what film I am going to see before I go...and I usually always go to the matinee. Why spend 3 more bucks on a movie by seeing it at night?

2) When you go to the movies, do you usually buy:
a) Popcorn? What do you put on it? Yes, a small one...with butter and a little salt.
b) Cokes? What's your favorite? A diet coke or water.
c) Candy? What gets stuck most in your teeth? I don't buy candy there...if I buy candy, I get it somewhere else and sneak it in.
d) Other (hot dog, nachos, sushi)? Nope, I find it disturbing that they sell things like hotdogs or nachos at the movies.

3) Do you like it loud and raucous in the theatre, or do you immediately stuff crying babies in the nearest waste can? Do you talk back to the screen and interact with the movie, or do you sink way down in your seat and just experience it?
Well, I like a mix of the both...I like a movie audience that reacts to the film, but when the noise is not about the film, that is when I get annoyed. Children talking and running around (unless it is a kid's movie), cell phones ringing, talking about anything other than the movie...I feel you should be shot for that...or at least removed from the theatre.

BONUS) What's your favorite, most memorable movie-going experience? What experience almost (or maybe did) make you vow never to darken the door of a cineplex again?
My favorite movie memories...have always been going to the drive in. I love the idea of everyone jumping into the car and going to the drive in. The atmosphere...having to swat away misquitoes while watching the film. It always seemed like a great mix between a movie and a rock concert to me.

Remember, silence all cell phones, pagers, and electronic devices while answering this quiz. And NO SMOKING!!! (water gun effect)

Hope you all enjoyed Theatre Thursday....and go do it yourself, even if it isn't Thursday anymore!