Wednesday, June 02, 2004

UJ: that dastardly checkbook...and its tricky numbers!

I just spent an hour going over my checkbook...and checking the balance online verses the balance in my register. I was showing that I had 50 bucks more on my register than my bank was showing...and it was making NO sense!

And it isn't like I forgot to enter something in...or something like that...because I am crazy anal about my check book registry. So, I couldn't figure it out. I kept going back and double checking that everything that was showing as debited online...was shown in my registry. I checked and made sure that nothing was missing. I was beginning to think that either my bank stole 50 bucks from me...I was abducted by aliens and they took $50...or I really was going crazy.

So, once I got to work...before I could actually get to work, I took out my snazzy registry again and looked it over. I knew there had to be an error that I just wasn't seeing. And then...by the grace of something, I saw it. When I entered in my deposit, I put it on the wrong line, so that made it so when I put in the next transation...for 54 dollars mind you, that I didn't subtract it out. So, there ya have it...after much detective work and possibly thinking I was nuts...or the victim of alien abduction...I found my error...and quickly corrected it.

Phew...now I know exactly how much money I have...and how much money I don't. And now I can just smile knowing that I get paid this friday.

Hope the world is treating you well...