Wednesday, May 26, 2004

UJ: when it's time to go, it's time to go...

So, here is some big news....something I have been thinking about for weeks, well maybe months....but it is finally officially today.

I turned in my letter of resignation for my position today. I am going to move back to the east coast at the end of June...to be closer to my family and friends back east and to look for employment there.

It was so hard for me to decide...and to see if it was worth risking it. As of June 18th...I will be unemployed. Yep, that's a little scary, but you know what...it's also exciting. I am getting the chance to go out there and find out what it is that I want.

It's also worth it because it is about my happiness...I was at a job in an organization I loved, but because of how the program I was in was administrated, it became just a job...and was no longer a passion. I knew that even though I don't have another job to go to right NOW...that I need to move on to something else.

The sad part...the agency I work for is TOP NOTCH! They are doing amazing work, but sadly got saddled into a project that didn't allow them to follow that vision and passion...and unfortunately, that most effected me and the work that I did.

I gave the letter to my executive director...and he was nothing but supportive. He was really great about it. He talked about how wonderful it was for me...and how excited he was for the opportunities that were ahead of me. Can you ask for a more supportive work environment than that? It for a second...makes me want to stay. It lets me know what a great place I was at...

So, there is where I am at. I am heading back east...and quite excited about it. I have my resume out at numerous places and hopefully we be back doing work I love in no time...

Shelley