Sunday, May 30, 2004

UJ: holy tornados and thunderstorms batman!

The weather yesterday was insane in these parts....

First...there were thunderstorms ALL day long. It would get all black and the sky would open up, lightening, rain and thunder...and then it would be okay for another hour...and then it would start all over again. I think we saw about 6 or 7 different thunderstorms.

And then at about 2pm or so...we started to get tornado warnings. There was a warning just a few miles from where I live...and I think a little one touched down. And then in Indianapolis...there was a pretty big one...which caused millions of dollars of damage and at least one person lost their life.

And today...the weather was beautiful. It was in the high 70s/low 80s...it wasn't humid...and there was a nice breeze. I went for a little hike and loved it. I wish all days could have weather like today.