Thursday, April 08, 2004

UJ: Let America Be America

I have written numerous times about how I do not support this war we are in...how I do not feel that the war with Iraq is doing anything to stop terrorism...and how I feel that Dubya is using the tragedy of 9/11 in order to push his agenda and wipe out Iraq.

I watched most of the Rice interview with the 9/11 commission. It was pretty much what I expected...I was impressed with how hard they committee pushed her. And of course...the answers seemed more like election spin doctoring...than actually finding out what happened and trying to prevent another attack from happening. It seems like Bush NEEDS 9/11 to be an asset for him when he is campaigning...and that frustrated and offends me.

But..while I was at someone else's journal, I got directed to the following link. And...in a very powerful and visual way, it explains why I have such a response to this war in Iraq. I am not only angry because we have been lied to as a nation...and that we have been used in a pawn in order to further a political agenda, but I am angry...and frustrated because it is doing more harm than good.

This little clip explains my point very well.

VIEWER BEWARE: There are a few pictures of the casualty and tragedy of war in this...and some may find them graphic. I think they serve their purpose and are appropriate, but wanted to prepare people.

http://www.disgraced.org/pax.html

*sighs*

Shelley