Tuesday, March 30, 2004

UJ: tueaday ramblings...

The job I have right now...we have an evaluation every three months. It's nice because it reminds us that we are on the right track, but kind of a pain in the ass...and really time consuming. The grant funder likes to micro manage us, so I always try to make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed when meeting with him.

Well...long story...short. My program has its eval today. I ran reports...and dished about what we did. I shmoozed and talked about what the next year will look like. These evals always go either really well or are a complete train wreck. Luckily...this time it went really well. It seems like my organization and the grant funder have finally seen eye to eye. It's only taken a year!

And now..I am done and can relax. Whenever I do these reports...I feel like i am in college or grad school again. Getting the reports done is like doing a project or paper for finals...and the eval is like the final presentation. Once I am done...I feel a real sense of accomplishment and that is a good feeling. I also feel just a smidge tired. When I am in the moment...and getting it ready, I don't really allow myself to be tired. I was at work on Monday at 6:30am to enter data into our database and worked until 4pm on site (doing all the day to day program stuff) and then continued on the report at home for a good 3 or so hours. And then today, I was at work by 7am...and cleaned up the reports and made a bajillion copies.

So...now, the rest of the week I am on coast...and enjoying it. It's a nice feeling to accomplish something and have it go over well.

Oh..and the little apartment I looked at...that is closer to work and cheaper. The landlady called back...offered it to me...and I took it. I think the money and location is the main reason. I would love to live in a little house all by myself, but all the other factors led to me taking this apartment. Oh...and the house people never called me back. I think I will like living in my new apartment...and I know I sure like the price.

Tuesday rambling is now done...and now time to veg and then watch me some 24!!

Shelley