Thursday, April 01, 2004

UJ: signing the next year away

I had the day off of work today, which was nice, refreshing...and a welcomed breather. I am working this weekend again...so, I needed to take some time during the week and it ended up being today.

I got some errands run today...got to sleep in until about 9am, which usually never happens...cleaned my apartment a little bit...and just relaxed.

Oh yeah...and I signed a lease at the little apartment I was looking at. I am going to be moving to the new place sometime in June. It is a small, little place...but, I live by myself, so small is just fine by me. Also, the rent is significantly less than what I pay right now...so, that is the major selling point. Plus..there is only one other apartment there and it is very quiet. The other person living there is NOT a student and they said she was looking for a quiet place to live too. I am going to really enjoy living in a place where I can sleep...and not only when it is convenient for my neighbor and his loud stereo. Finally...it is closer to work than the place I am at now. I will be able to walk to work on most days...which will be a nice, built in exercise and will save on gas mileage and wear and tear on my car. All in all...it seems like the perfect place for me, so I feel lucky that I found it.

The only downside...it is on the second floor, so now I am dreading moving all my stuff from my apartment now to the new one..and up that flight of stairs. Luckily...some of my friends are helping and my daddy is coming out soon. Did I mention how much I adore my daddy? He's the best daddy EVER!!!

Shelley