Sunday, April 04, 2004

UJ: the jersey in all of us!

I just got back from seeing Jersey Girl. I decided to go see a matinee, so it wouldn't be so expensive. I decided I deserved a movie...even if they are WAY overpriced.

I thought it was cute...definitely not Kevin Smith's usual type of role, but I was glad to see him do something different. The first 20 minutes or so...are pretty serious and sad...and I am not used to that in a film that Kevin does though.

There's an Aimee Mann song in the movie, which of course is a plus! And I think that Benji and Liv Tyler make an adorable couple on screen, so that's another plus. And the little girl in this movie...you know, the Jersey Girl...she's too cute for words. Finally...George Carlin...so funny!

All in all...a good movie and a needed laugh. Who knows...I might even see it again, if it comes to the cheap seats. I was going to stay...and either see Taking Lives or Eternal Sunshine on a Spotless Mind, but well...I figured one movie was enough...for me and my bank account!

*winks*

Shelley